The mission of the School of Visual Arts BFA Interior Design is to educate the next generation of interior designers with special emphasis on the conceptual, creative and design leadership aspects of the interior design profession over routine practice.
Your search results for , have produced the following results:
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission form.
- A nonrefundable $50 application fee, $80 for international applicants. (Personal checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted. Do not send cash.)
- Portfolio (film and video applicants must submit a two-part essay)
- Official transcripts from each high school, college or university attended. Transcripts from foreign institutions must be officially translated into English and U.S. grading equivalencies.
- Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT 1) or the American College Testing Program (ACT)
- Statement of Intent
- Demonstration of English proficiency (required of all applicants whose primary language is not English)
- Declaration of Finances form and Verification of Finances letter from bank (international applicants requiring a student visa only)
- Copy of Alien Registration card (for permanent residents/alien residents only)
In order to be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly to SVA in an envelope stamped and sealed by a high school guidance department and/or college registrar. Transcripts can be delivered by the applicant as long as they are in an unopened envelope stamped and sealed by the issuing institution.
Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Testing Program (ACT)
- Official SAT or ACT scores should be sent to the School of Visual Arts by the testing agency or high school.
- Transfer applicants who have earned more than 24 credits at a regionally accredited college, including course work in the humanities and sciences, need not submit SAT or ACT scores.
- International applicants do not need to submit SAT or ACT scores unless they have taken the test.
Statement of Intent:
In 500 words or less, discuss your reasons for pursuing undergraduate study in the visual arts. Feel free to include any information about yourself, your goals and interests that may not be immediately apparent from the review of your transcripts or portfolio.
A portfolio should reflect each individual’s art background and experiences. Each Portfolio is unique and will never be compared to another when assesing admission eligibility. The ideal portfolio will consist of 15 to 20 pieces of recent work.A portfolio is not required of film and video applicants. Instead, applicants are required to submit a two-part essay.
Portfolio reviews are offered Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm throughout the year. Portfolio reviews are also available on Saturdays during open house and completion day programs. Applicants should bring examples of recent artwork with them. To schedule an on-campus portfolio review, contact the Office of Admissions at 800.436.4204 or 212.592.2100 two to four weeks in advance of the date you would like to visit.
92% of May 2013 graduates were employed by May 2014
Acceptance into Graduate Programs
75% of the freshmen who entered SVA Fall 2007 graduated within 6 years
93% of students enrolled in the Fall 2012 semester returned Fall 2013
Places of Employment
Recent graduates have been employed within the interior design industry as designers, product specialists, or project managers. Some have continued their education and others have started their own firms. Below is a list of some of the companies that have hired graduates from SVAID.
- Carnegie Fabrics
- Cetra Ruddy
- Cleo Design
- Codfish Park Design
- Conant Architects
- Dai Hyun M&B
- DiTommaso & Colaku
- MDA Design Group
- The Phillips Group (TPG)
- Stuart Mager, Inc.
- Ted Moudis Associates
- TOWN Residential
- VOA Architecture, PLLC
- Jane Smith (Chair)
- Susan Aronoff
- Illya Azaroff
- Benjamin Bobkoff
- Darrick Borowski
- Annie Coggan
- Maureen Crilly
- Cemre Durusoy
- Rik Ekstrom
- Adam Jakubowski
- Anthony Lee
- Rocco Leonardis
- Sean MacNintch
- Stuart Mager
- Elisabeth Martin
- Gita Nandan
- Ojiakor Obinani
- Ralph Ottaiano
- Richard Spokowski
- Michael Zuckerman